Confessions of an Eggplant

eggplant (n) - 1. a tough-skinned vegetable with a soft inside; sweated with salt to remove bitterness and combined with sauce and cheese and other complementary ingredients, it is rendered into a tasty and hearty dish. 2. a metaphor for life.

2.12.2006

Giant, postscript

I made it to the end.

To her credit, Miss Ferber toned down the snootiness, though pockets remained throughout. She also had an annoying practice of sentence fragments and an odd use of descriptive lists: The table was laden with containers of mustard ketchup salt pepper sugar creamer. Odd, I thought.

I enjoyed the story, though, and her historical asides. Still, though it pains me to say, the movie version is a better story, and it tells it better.

But now I know.

0 Piquant Remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home