Confessions of an Eggplant

eggplant (n) - 1. a tough-skinned vegetable with a soft inside; sweated with salt to remove bitterness and combined with sauce and cheese and other complementary ingredients, it is rendered into a tasty and hearty dish. 2. a metaphor for life.

12.30.2004

The price of a broken promise

My friend's father's funeral was today, 2:00 p.m.

The last thing I said to her and her mother last night at the funeral home was, "I'll be praying for you tomorrow."

I got hit with a major problem when I walked in the door at work this morning. No time for lunch, or supper either. I didn't get home until 9:30 p.m.

And then I remembered about the funeral. And that I had forgotten my promise. I wonder if, one hundred years from now, the time I spent working on today's problem will offset the damage of the promise I broke?

0 Piquant Remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home